Date + TimeMonday, August 3
2PM EST / 11AM PST
Terms & Conditions
A legal guardian or parent of all minor children under 18 years of age (the “Child”) hereby certifies that he/she is the adult parent or guardian of the Child and agrees to take full responsibility for the Child’s safety and supervision during the Child’s participation in the Event (as described below). By registering to attend the event and entering the Zoom meeting for which you register (“Event”), the Holder on behalf of himself and/or his Child, agrees to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of this license.
Buckle in because camp is about to get a little bit strange - in the best of ways! The James Beard Award-winning chef and host of Bizarre Foods, Andrew Zimmern, who also moonlights as a chef, food writer and teacher, is known as one of the most versatile and “bizarre” personalities in the food world. This summer, he's bringing his vivacity and enthusiasm to the Rachael Ray & Friends cooking camp series with a class full of entertainment, exotic foods and a whole lotta fun! The whole fam is in for a special treat, as Andrew guides you step-by-step through the preparation of a uniquely delicious meal in the comfort of your home. Get ready to chop, mix and cook the afternoon away - with ingredients sure to inspire your taste buds and further your culinary skills. Get ready to be inspired!
***Do you want to learn more about pasta with fun activities and delicious, healthy recipes? Download Barilla’s Share the Table® Pasta Activity Guide and keep learning and having fun long after camp is over.***
Proceeds from sponsorships and optional online donations will be split between two incredible organizations - Boys & Girls Clubs of America, a national organization of local chapters which provide voluntary after-school programs for young people and Rachael Ray’s Yum-o! Scholarship, a newly-founded scholarship fund at the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Florida International University, offering students the opportunity to further their ambitions in the kitchen and beyond.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail and receipt from email@example.com following your registration. You will receive an additional e-mail within 48 hours of the class, which will include the Zoom link, recipe, ingredients and necessary utensils. Prior to class, we recommend getting organized by preparing your ingredients and gathering your utensils. This will allow you to easily access all necessary ingredients and materials during the demonstration to create alongside the guest chef. Thorough preparations will provide a more enjoyable experience! Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
Classic Chicken Parm & Pasta Pomodoro Recipe
This chicken parmesan is my love letter to the Italian-American red sauce classic everyone craves. Sure you can gussy it up, but this recipe sticks to the basics—fried chicken topped with an easy homemade tomato sauce, creamy ricotta, mozzarella melted under the broiler, and a touch of fresh basil. It’s truly a dinner of champions.
- Cutting board
- Chef’s knife
- Large saucepan
- Cooking spoon or spatula
- Wax paper or plastic wrap
- Mallet or rolling pin (to pound chicken)
- 3 shallow bowls or pans (breading and dredging station)
- 14-inch skillet
- Baking tray
*Potsandpans.com, offering trusted brands for every cook, has all your kitchenware and cookware needs and is a proud sponsor of Rachael Ray’s Yumo! Cooking Camp.
Tomato Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- One 28-ounce can of tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 basil sprig
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- Pinch of sugar
- Kosher salt
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups soy oil, for frying
- 2 cups flour, well-seasoned with salt, pepper, dried basil, dried oregano and chile flakes
- 2 cups mozzarella pearls or diced fresh mozzarella, drained well
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, julienned
- 5 beaten eggs
- 4 cups toasted bread crumbs
- First, make the tomato sauce. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the garlic, onion, basil, a pinch of chile flake and oregano. Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the stock and cook for 1 minute. Season with salt and sugar. Add the tomato paste and tomato puree. Stir to combine and simmer over moderately low heat for 20 minutes. Taste the sauce and season with salt and pepper as needed. Reserve.
- Place the chicken breasts one at a time between sheets of wax paper or plastic wrap. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken and then pound out with a mallet until the breasts are about 1/4-inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- In one bowl, combine the breadcrumbs with the parmesan cheese. Place the seasoned flour and beaten eggs in separate bowls to make a breading station. Dredge each chicken breast in the seasoned flour, dip in the beaten egg and then dredge in the breadcrumb cheese mixture. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a 14-inch skillet over medium heat to 375 degrees F. One at a time, fry the chicken pieces until cooked through and golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
- Place both fried chicken cutlets on a baking tray, smear with the ricotta, top with some tomato sauce, and season as needed. Cover with the mozzarella cheese and broil until the cheese is bubbling and starting to brown. Serve immediately, garnishing with fresh basil.
Side Dish of Pasta Pomodoro
Chef Andrew Zimmern will run through a simple pomodoro sauce recipe using some of the leftover tomato and a few other pantry ingredients.
- 1 box of Barilla® Spaghetti, Linguine or Angel Hair Pasta
- Water and salt
- Large pot for boiling water
- Long handled cooking spoon
- 14-inch skillet (same one used for chicken, is fine)
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely, these classes will be available on Yum-o.org 24-48 hours after the live Zoom classes. Follow Rachael Ray's Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts (@RachaelRay) for more catch-up information!
Rachael Ray’s Yum-o! along with the Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City and South Beach Wine & Food Festivals presented by Capital One are thrilled to introduce a new virtual and FREE cooking camp this summer aimed at teaching kids and their families important and fun cooking skills, as well as recipes they can do at home. This interactive, online cooking camp will bring families into the kitchens of their favorite culinary and lifestyle personalities through Zoom —providing an unforgettable summer learning experience.
The camp will run daily from Thursday, July 30 through Friday, August 14 and take place at 2pm EST / 11am PST on Zoom - for a total of 16 camp sessions.
Attendance to the camp will be FREE and only require online registration. Each participant will be required to register in order to receive the Zoom instructions and details for the specific camp session.
Each class is approximately 45 minutes in length.
Everyone is welcome to join, but the content is geared to children between the ages of 8 - 15. We strongly encourage parents to participate with their children, so they can create the recipes along with the host and ensure kitchen safety is being followed when using certain culinary tools. For instance, a parent or guardian will have to 'opt-in' stating the child has permission to use a knife, stove top or oven, and it is up to the parent or guardian’s discretion if the child is capable of doing so.
At your scheduled class time, you will enter a virtual classroom via the Zoom link provided. The guest chef will guide you step-by-step through a recipe, answering questions along the way. Questions can be submitted via the Zoom chat function. There will be a moderator leading the class, helping to answer questions coming in from the campers through the Zoom chat.
The first and last days of camp will be hosted by Rachael Ray, while the other days will be hosted by an array of culinary stars, social media personalities and celebrities – all sharing their favorite recipes and cooking skills with kids and their families.
Unfortunately, we are unable to create a waitlist for any of our classes.
You will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org following your registration. You will receive an additional e-mail within 48 hours of the class, which will include the Zoom link, recipe, ingredients and necessary cooking utensils. Prior to class, we recommend getting organized by preparing your ingredients and gathering your cooking utensils. This will allow you to easily access all necessary ingredients and materials during the demonstration to best cook along with your chef. Thorough preparations will provide a more enjoyable experience!
Please allow up to 48 hours to receive your email confirmation. In some cases, the recipe, ingredients and instructions have not yet been finalized at the time your purchase. Please contact us at Info@RRCookingCamp.com if you have not received the recipe, instructions and the zoom link 24 hours before your scheduled class begins.
Each of our guest chefs has created a delicious recipe for campers to cook along with. We are mindful that some campers may need ingredient substitutions, due to dietary restrictions or access to certain items. During each class, our moderator and guest will do their best to share substitution ideas, but we cannot guarantee that every ingredient will be covered. We encourage you to get creative with the recipes and substitute ingredients you are already familiar with that fit your lifestyle and dietary requirements. We hope that you will still join us to cook along and learn new skills in the kitchen.
Yes, each class is FREE and you are encouraged to sign up for as many as you would like!
You’ll need an internet connection and the ability to stream audio and video to participate. A link and details on how to join the Zoom session will be included in your confirmation email.
To access your class, you will be sent a Zoom Meeting link to the email address you provided upon registration, along with a meeting ID and password. By clicking on the link, you will automatically be prompted to open Zoom and join the class. Everyone is encouraged to join the class a few minutes early to ensure that you have a good connection with Zoom. Please note that upon joining you will be directed to the waiting room until the class officially begins.
You will not need to register for an account to join. Simply click to “Join the meeting.” You will be prompted to download and install the Zoom app. Once downloaded, open the Zoom program you will need to give Zoom access to your computer/phone microphone and camera. When you are ready to join the class select “Join with Video” and “Join Audio” buttons in the bottom left corner of the Zoom application.
Proceeds from sponsorships and optional online donations will be split between two incredible organizations:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America, a national organization of local chapters which provide voluntary after-school programs for young people.
- Rachael Ray’s Yum-o! Scholarship, a newly-founded scholarship fund at the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Florida International University, offering students the opportunity to further their ambitions in the kitchen and beyond.
Yes! With a parent or guardians’ permission, follow along with #RRCookingCamp as well as @rachaelray, @NYCWFF and @SOBEWFFEST to get the inside scoop about your favorite events, chefs and culinary personalities. Tag all of your class photos with #RRCookingCamp and your photo just might be shared on our pages!
Please sign up for our newsletters and follow along on social media to stay up to date on the latest news from Rachael Ray, the New York City Wine & Food Festival and the South Beach Wine & Food Festival®!