Date + TimeFriday, July 31
2PM EST / 11AM PST
Terms & Conditions
A legal guardian or parent of all minor children under 18 years of age (the “Child”) hereby certifies that he/she is the adult parent or guardian of the Child and agrees to take full responsibility for the Child’s safety and supervision during the Child’s participation in the Event (as described below). By registering to attend the event and entering the Zoom meeting for which you register (“Event”), the Holder on behalf of himself and/or his Child, agrees to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of this license.
It's an all out, hands-on cooking extravaganza with the man, the legend, Bobby Flay! Bobby, the beloved chef, restaurateur, cookbook author and TV personality, is here to teach chefs of all ages how to craft the perfect mac & cheese. Follow along from start to finish, as Bobby teaches you all of the tips, tricks, and top secret ingredients necessary to make the most perfectly creamy, cheesy and irresistible bowl of mac & cheese. Don't miss this unique opportunity to cook alongside Bobby during this delicious learning experience that the whole family can enjoy - because lets face it, adults like mac & cheese just as much as the kids do!
***Do you want to learn more about pasta with fun activities and delicious, healthy recipes? Download Barilla’s Share the Table® Pasta Activity Guide and keep learning and having fun long after camp is over.***
Proceeds from sponsorships and optional online donations will be split between two incredible organizations - Boys & Girls Clubs of America, a national organization of local chapters which provide voluntary after-school programs for young people and Rachael Ray’s Yum-o! Scholarship, a newly-founded scholarship fund at the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Florida International University, offering students the opportunity to further their ambitions in the kitchen and beyond.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail and receipt from firstname.lastname@example.org following your registration. You will receive an additional e-mail within 48 hours of the class, which will include the Zoom link, recipe, ingredients and necessary utensils. Prior to class, we recommend getting organized by preparing your ingredients and gathering your utensils. This will allow you to easily access all necessary ingredients and materials during the demonstration to create alongside the guest chef. Thorough preparations will provide a more enjoyable experience! Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
Real Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 3-quart baking dish
- Large pot for boiling water (6 to 8 quarts)
- Large saucepan
- Spatula and Pasta Fork or Slotted Spoon
- Tasting spoon
- Measuring Cups and Tablespoon (liquid and dry)
- Cheese Grater
- Strainer / Colander for pasta
*Potsandpans.com, offering trusted brands for every cook, has all your kitchenware and cookware needs and is a proud sponsor of Rachael Ray’s Yumo! Cooking Camp.
- 1 box Barilla® Medium Shells
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter plus more for greasing the baking dish
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk, heated
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 slices American Cheese (8 ounces), torn into pieces
- 1 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Prep in advance:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Grease baking dish
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil
- Whole milk, measured to 4 cups and kept warm
- American cheese slices, unwrapped
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 3-quart baking dish and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta for 6 minutes or until slightly under al dente. The pasta will continue to cook in the oven.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the butter over medium heat in a large saucepan until it begins to bubble but do not let it brown. Whisk in the flour to create a roux for the Bechamel sauce. Cook the flour and butter over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the hot milk in a steady stream. Keep whisking the warm milk until the sauce is thickened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, and whisk in the salt and pepper to taste, American cheese and 3/4 cups of the Parmigiano Reggiano until the cheese is completely melted and the sauce is smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and place into a large bowl. Add the cheese sauce to the pasta and stir to combine. Transfer the pasta to the prepared pan. Sprinkle the panko breadcrumbs and reserved 1/4 cup Parmigiano Reggiano over the top. Drizzle with olive oil and bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until the top is well browned and crusty. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely, these classes will be available on Yum-o.org 24-48 hours after the live Zoom classes. Follow Rachael Ray's Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts (@RachaelRay) for more catch-up information!
Rachael Ray’s Yum-o! along with the Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City and South Beach Wine & Food Festivals presented by Capital One are thrilled to introduce a new virtual and FREE cooking camp this summer aimed at teaching kids and their families important and fun cooking skills, as well as recipes they can do at home. This interactive, online cooking camp will bring families into the kitchens of their favorite culinary and lifestyle personalities through Zoom —providing an unforgettable summer learning experience.
The camp will run daily from Thursday, July 30 through Friday, August 14 and take place at 2pm EST / 11am PST on Zoom - for a total of 16 camp sessions.
Attendance to the camp will be FREE and only require online registration. Each participant will be required to register in order to receive the Zoom instructions and details for the specific camp session.
Each class is approximately 45 minutes in length.
Everyone is welcome to join, but the content is geared to children between the ages of 8 - 15. We strongly encourage parents to participate with their children, so they can create the recipes along with the host and ensure kitchen safety is being followed when using certain culinary tools. For instance, a parent or guardian will have to 'opt-in' stating the child has permission to use a knife, stove top or oven, and it is up to the parent or guardian’s discretion if the child is capable of doing so.
At your scheduled class time, you will enter a virtual classroom via the Zoom link provided. The guest chef will guide you step-by-step through a recipe, answering questions along the way. Questions can be submitted via the Zoom chat function. There will be a moderator leading the class, helping to answer questions coming in from the campers through the Zoom chat.
The first and last days of camp will be hosted by Rachael Ray, while the other days will be hosted by an array of culinary stars, social media personalities and celebrities – all sharing their favorite recipes and cooking skills with kids and their families.
Unfortunately, we are unable to create a waitlist for any of our classes.
You will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com following your registration. You will receive an additional e-mail within 48 hours of the class, which will include the Zoom link, recipe, ingredients and necessary cooking utensils. Prior to class, we recommend getting organized by preparing your ingredients and gathering your cooking utensils. This will allow you to easily access all necessary ingredients and materials during the demonstration to best cook along with your chef. Thorough preparations will provide a more enjoyable experience!
Please allow up to 48 hours to receive your email confirmation. In some cases, the recipe, ingredients and instructions have not yet been finalized at the time your purchase. Please contact us at Info@RRCookingCamp.com if you have not received the recipe, instructions and the zoom link 24 hours before your scheduled class begins.
Each of our guest chefs has created a delicious recipe for campers to cook along with. We are mindful that some campers may need ingredient substitutions, due to dietary restrictions or access to certain items. During each class, our moderator and guest will do their best to share substitution ideas, but we cannot guarantee that every ingredient will be covered. We encourage you to get creative with the recipes and substitute ingredients you are already familiar with that fit your lifestyle and dietary requirements. We hope that you will still join us to cook along and learn new skills in the kitchen.
Yes, each class is FREE and you are encouraged to sign up for as many as you would like!
You’ll need an internet connection and the ability to stream audio and video to participate. A link and details on how to join the Zoom session will be included in your confirmation email.
To access your class, you will be sent a Zoom Meeting link to the email address you provided upon registration, along with a meeting ID and password. By clicking on the link, you will automatically be prompted to open Zoom and join the class. Everyone is encouraged to join the class a few minutes early to ensure that you have a good connection with Zoom. Please note that upon joining you will be directed to the waiting room until the class officially begins.
You will not need to register for an account to join. Simply click to “Join the meeting.” You will be prompted to download and install the Zoom app. Once downloaded, open the Zoom program you will need to give Zoom access to your computer/phone microphone and camera. When you are ready to join the class select “Join with Video” and “Join Audio” buttons in the bottom left corner of the Zoom application.
Proceeds from sponsorships and optional online donations will be split between two incredible organizations:
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America, a national organization of local chapters which provide voluntary after-school programs for young people.
- Rachael Ray’s Yum-o! Scholarship, a newly-founded scholarship fund at the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management at Florida International University, offering students the opportunity to further their ambitions in the kitchen and beyond.
Yes! With a parent or guardians’ permission, follow along with #RRCookingCamp as well as @rachaelray, @NYCWFF and @SOBEWFFEST to get the inside scoop about your favorite events, chefs and culinary personalities. Tag all of your class photos with #RRCookingCamp and your photo just might be shared on our pages!
Please sign up for our newsletters and follow along on social media to stay up to date on the latest news from Rachael Ray, the New York City Wine & Food Festival and the South Beach Wine & Food Festival®!